This position is responsible for producing visual solutions to meet communication and advertising needs of assigned clients / accounts / projects / campaigns. Originating and producing effective work with high visual impact that demonstrates the agency’s capabilities and sophistication in all aspects of contemporary design.
This position is expected to conceptualize and through creative thinking use design skills in striving to produce outstanding award winning creative work within the scope of the brand and creative brief supplied by client.
How you’ll be spending your time
- To act as directed by the Creative Director and / or Group Heads and as directed by the Creative Brief
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Presentation of work to the Creative Group Head and/or Creative Director
- Create and develop new and unique ideas to represent an idea working closely with the Art Director/Copywriter and as directed by the Creative Brief.
- Pro-actively identify creative trends and opportunities
- Using the MAC (InDesign, Illustrator, Keynotes and Photoshop) to produce high quality design
- Work closely with Copywriter and Client service team to develop award-winning designs within the parameters of the creative brief – conceptualizing
- Create and craft concepts into original, relevant and impactful communications and follow through to the completion of the job whilst maintaining explicit attention to detail and adhering to time scales
- Give constructive input during a photographic shoot
- Ensure that all deadlines are met
- Execute and set-up each and every job in a precise and concise manner to be able to reproduce for repro and print.
- Check every aspect of every job thus eliminating errors and ensuring work going out is of the highest quality
- Create the visual components of various types of media including TV, print, written material, digital media and other supportive material.
- Finely craft all work ensuring excellence in design and typography
- Strive for excellence
- Present competently in reviews and to client, articulating clearly the creative rationale for the work being presented
- Adhere to systems and business processes
- Accurate and efficient use of systems in the departments
- Comply with Chase system
- Meet all deadlines, be reliable and responsible
- Take ownership of your tasks and actively manage the creative process to progress towards deadline
- Adhere to and support agency systems
- Maintain good working relationships within the agency as well as with clients and suppliers
- Project a positive and professional image of Wunderman internally and externally
- Respect company equipment and time
What we’re looking for
- Tertiary qualification in Graphic Design or Fine Art.
- Courses in Art Direction, Photography, Art Theory, Packaging Design advantageous
- 2-5 years experience (not applicable for light weight)
- A portfolio that reflects design proficiencies
- Finely-honed design skills and latest techniques (not applicable for light weight)
- Creative judgement ability
- Ability to deliver design work of distinction
- Accept guidance and respond well to criticism
- Resilient – can accept setbacks
- Exceptional conceptual skills
- Think with imagination and flair – someone who has original ideas
- Fully Mac literate in all relevant programs i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, Keynotes and Illustrator
- Knowledge of all production processes, artwork and its preparation for repro purposes
- Resourceful and shows initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Is able to interpret creative concepts into design
- Understanding of design and its function
- Familiar with new trends
- Practical knowledge of photography
Who we are
Part of WPP, Wunderman is a leading Global Digital Agency with 175 offices in 60 countries.
We are Creatively Driven. Data Inspired. It’s how we do our work and part of our culture. It’s irrelevant the department you work in, we believe in amazing creativity but, also know the importance of combining this with deep rooted data insights.
To engage today’s audiences, we understand that brands must move beyond just product messaging to deliver culturally relevant and emotionally compelling experiences across channels and at the right moment. And we believe our biggest ideas are born out of the collision of creativity and data which we feel is our unique differentiator in the marketplace.
We Inspire Action - ultimately our purpose is to inspire people to take action and this isn’t about just getting people to buy stuff, it’s about inspiring them to support a worthwhile cause or doing something that’s important to people.
To make this happen takes a multidisciplinary team and a collaborative way of working. Based in Sandton, the economic heart of Johannesburg, our SA team of 200 contains a diverse group of talented people. Brilliant creatives get to work hand-in-hand with Data Analysts, Strategists, User Experience experts and Business Consultants working across some of the top South African and global brands.
Our agency offering is focused on the following areas of expertise, each of which are powered by the deep data and insight skills necessary to inspire action in a relevant way:
- Data, Analytics & Insights
- Creative, Communications & Experiences
- Technology–Enabled Marketing
- Academy – training solutions for the evolving business landscape
The Wunderman way of life
At Wunderman we look for the type of people who Inspire Action in their work and interactions.
Our philosophy of YOU TIME underpins everything we do for our people. Whilst you are with us we want you to play to your strengths, have the freedom to bring your whole self to work and exercise your passions and interests within your work. Over the last year at Wunderman, we’ve focused our company around this concept. We want to make our business a place where people are comfortable being themselves, no matter who they happen to be. We don’t want people to simply fit into our culture; we want their unique attributes to add to it.
How to be successful
We want people that live by our behaviours and personality to generate the very best work and promote an environment that supports and develops others whilst they’re doing it.
- Our Personality - Curious, Energetic and Collaborative.
- Our Behaviours - ‘Own it’, be generous and get uncomfortable.
What do we mean by this?
- We want people that are curious to new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- We want people that are energetic, who want to roll their sleeves up and get involved!
- We want people that are collaborative, who work well with other departments to get the very best outcome.
- We want people that own it, helping empower their teams to do the same and to take responsibility for the work they deliver.
- We want people that are generous with their time, who will support the wider agency and get involved in initiatives outside of their day-to-day.
- We want people that get uncomfortable and take calculated risks, challenging the status quo.