Social Media Community Manager
The Community Manager is responsible for being the brand’s voice across the various social media channels. The Community Manager will create enticing content and driving quality engagements with the community to ensure effective delivery of a brand’s social media objectives.
How you’ll be spending your time
- Creating content plans in line with a brand’s social media strategy and tonality
- Ensuring content is posted timeously across social media platforms
- Writing content that is suitable for various social media platforms
- Responding to and addressing the community’s queries and complaints efficiently, professionally and timeously
- Briefing in images to a design team in a clear and concise manner
- Liaising with client and addressing key queries around social media
- Driving engagement and conversations with the community and ultimately establishing brand loyalty
- Identifying tactical and relevant opportunities to engage with the community
- Working closely with the Analytics team to drive positive sentiment and optimise on content opportunities
- Executing and optimising content during campaigns to ensure momentum and optimal visibility
- Compiling weekly / monthly social media platform reports and campaign reports
- Live tweeting from events
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest trends within the digital and social media landscape
- Inputting into campaign ideas and creative brainstorming sessions
- Executing social media competitions and collating entries
What we’re looking for
- Undergraduate degree (Marketing, Communications, English, Media Studies)
- Intricate knowledge of social media platforms (both local and international)
- Minimum of 1 year experience fulfilling the community manager role for a business or consumer brands’ social media platforms
- Experience of effective complaint resolution
- Effective writing skills and proficiency in the English language
- Understanding of the digital and social media landscape both locally and internationally
- Critical analysis of social media data in order to pull out key learnings to client
- Presentation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work within a team of digital specialists and contribute effectively
- Experience in ORM Tools such as Radian 6 is an advantage
- Professional demeanour internally and externally when dealing with clients
- Understanding of basic design principles
- Understanding the advantages of paid media within social media is an advantage
- Attention to detail and accountability
- A thorough understanding of social media platform guidelines
- An understanding of copyright infringement and consumer privacy on digital platforms
Who we are
Part of WPP, Wunderman is a leading Global Digital Agency with 175 offices in 60 countries.
We are Creatively Driven. Data Inspired. It’s how we do our work and part of our culture. It’s irrelevant the department you work in, we believe in amazing creativity but, also know the importance of combining this with deep rooted data insights.
To engage today’s audiences, we understand that brands must move beyond just product messaging to deliver culturally relevant and emotionally compelling experiences across channels and at the right moment. And we believe our biggest ideas are born out of the collision of creativity and data which we feel is our unique differentiator in the marketplace.
We Inspire Action - ultimately our purpose is to inspire people to take action and this isn’t about just getting people to buy stuff, it’s about inspiring them to support a worthwhile cause or doing something that’s important to people.
To make this happen takes a multidisciplinary team and a collaborative way of working. Based in Sandton, the economic heart of Johannesburg, our SA team of 200 contains a diverse group of talented people. Brilliant creatives get to work hand-in-hand with Data Analysts, Strategists, User Experience experts and Business Consultants working across some of the top South African and global brands.
Our agency offering is focused on the following areas of expertise, each of which are powered by the deep data and insight skills necessary to inspire action in a relevant way:
- Data, Analytics & Insights
- Creative, Communications & Experiences
- Technology–Enabled Marketing
- Academy – training solutions for the evolving business landscape
The Wunderman way of life
At Wunderman we look for the type of people who Inspire Action in their work and interactions.
Our philosophy of YOU TIME underpins everything we do for our people. Whilst you are with us we want you to play to your strengths, have the freedom to bring your whole self to work and exercise your passions and interests within your work. Over the last year at Wunderman, we’ve focused our company around this concept. We want to make our business a place where people are comfortable being themselves, no matter who they happen to be. We don’t want people to simply fit into our culture; we want their unique attributes to add to it.
How to be successful
We want people that live by our behaviours and personality to generate the very best work and promote an environment that supports and develops others whilst they’re doing it.
- Our Personality - Curious, Energetic and Collaborative.
- Our Behaviours - ‘Own it’, be generous and get uncomfortable.
What do we mean by this?
- We want people that are curious to new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- We want people that are energetic, who want to roll their sleeves up and get involved!
- We want people that are collaborative, who work well with other departments to get the very best outcome.
- We want people that own it, helping empower their teams to do the same and to take responsibility for the work they deliver.
- We want people that are generous with their time, who will support the wider agency and get involved in initiatives outside of their day-to-day.
- We want people that get uncomfortable and take calculated risks, challenging the status quo.