Responsible for developing an in depth understanding of client business and marketing objectives and translating these into meaningful strategies that deliver against these objectives.
How you’ll be spending your time
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Clients’ business, the macro and micro-markets in which they operate and the specific brands we work on. Be able to understand, define and work towards answering their “central question.”
- Work with Client Service and Creative, as well as the broader SAMS (Strategy, Analytics, Media and Social Media) teams to develop relevant strategies, taking into account all communication disciplines.
- Work collaboratively with the Creative team to ensure that they create great work, aligned to the strategy and client objectives.
- Develop and deliver effective, thought-provoking strategic presentations.
- Be able to engage with clients at various levels within an organization and be able to think on your feet in answering questions intelligently and relevantly.
- Be able to build a culture of collaboration with partner agencies in the interests of delivering integrated strategic reverts to client.
- Work with Client Service to produce and deliver regular brand reviews for each brand.
- Nurture a sound market and industry knowledge across the client base – local and international perspective.
- Nurture a culture of learning and development within the SAMS team.
- Assist and mentor junior members of the team where required.
- Ensure that purchases of materials and research is always pre-approved and within budget prior to acquisition.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of timesheets.
- Ensure timely and efficient delivery of projects.
- Identify opportunities resulting from strategic thinking, which could lead to increased revenue for the agency and assist client service in formulating documentation to sell this thinking in to clients.
- Ensure continuous business process improvement within Strategy Department and across the SAMS team.
What we’re looking for
- Marketing or relevant communications or business degree from a recognised institution.
- Post-graduate qualification will be an advantage.
- The ability to interpret analytics is an advantage
- Knowledge of digital platforms from a communications not a developmental perspective.
- High level of EQ
- Great listener
- Persuasive presenter
- Team player
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Proven track record of practical yet innovative strategic solutions to problems and/or challenges.
- Leadership and team building skills.
- Passion for communications and ideas and the ability to inspire the same within the department, the Agency and with clients.
- Training and facilitation skills – internal and client workshops.
- A sound understanding of marketing disciplines, and knowledge of branding, brand positioning, and brand valuation theory. A deep understanding of digital, direct marketing and CRM is important.
- An eclectic approach to problem solving, with the ability to be both rigorously analytical as well as intuitive.
- An extensive browser in all fields with an ability to draw on diverse experiences and sources of knowledge in providing insights.
- Highly developed listening skills.
- A sound understanding of qualitative and quantitative research.
- A profound curiosity about the creative process and an ability to communicate those learnings, as well as provide strategic direction on creative work.
- Superior presentation skills: preparation and persuasion.
Who we are
Part of WPP, Wunderman is a leading Global Digital Agency with 175 offices in 60 countries.
We are Creatively Driven. Data Inspired. It’s how we do our work and part of our culture. It’s irrelevant the department you work in, we believe in amazing creativity but, also know the importance of combining this with deep rooted data insights.
To engage today’s audiences, we understand that brands must move beyond just product messaging to deliver culturally relevant and emotionally compelling experiences across channels and at the right moment. And we believe our biggest ideas are born out of the collision of creativity and data which we feel is our unique differentiator in the marketplace.
We Inspire Action - ultimately our purpose is to inspire people to take action and this isn’t about just getting people to buy stuff, it’s about inspiring them to support a worthwhile cause or doing something that’s important to people.
To make this happen takes a multidisciplinary team and a collaborative way of working. Based in Sandton, the economic heart of Johannesburg, our SA team of 200 contains a diverse group of talented people. Brilliant creatives get to work hand-in-hand with Data Analysts, Strategists, User Experience experts and Business Consultants working across some of the top South African and global brands.
Our agency offering is focused on the following areas of expertise, each of which are powered by the deep data and insight skills necessary to inspire action in a relevant way:
- Data, Analytics & Insights
- Creative, Communications & Experiences
- Technology–Enabled Marketing
- Academy – training solutions for the evolving business landscape
The Wunderman way of life
At Wunderman we look for the type of people who Inspire Action in their work and interactions.
Our philosophy of YOU TIME underpins everything we do for our people. Whilst you are with us we want you to play to your strengths, have the freedom to bring your whole self to work and exercise your passions and interests within your work. Over the last year at Wunderman, we’ve focused our company around this concept. We want to make our business a place where people are comfortable being themselves, no matter who they happen to be. We don’t want people to simply fit into our culture; we want their unique attributes to add to it.
How to be successful
We want people that live by our behaviours and personality to generate the very best work and promote an environment that supports and develops others whilst they’re doing it.
- Our Personality - Curious, Energetic and Collaborative.
- Our Behaviours - ‘Own it’, be generous and get uncomfortable.
What do we mean by this?
- We want people that are curious to new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- We want people that are energetic, who want to roll their sleeves up and get involved!
- We want people that are collaborative, who work well with other departments to get the very best outcome.
- We want people that own it, helping empower their teams to do the same and to take responsibility for the work they deliver.
- We want people that are generous with their time, who will support the wider agency and get involved in initiatives outside of their day-to-day.
- We want people that get uncomfortable and take calculated risks, challenging the status quo.