Position title: Python Developer
Department: Wunderman Tech
Wunderman is a global creative, data and technology agency built to inspire growth for ambitious brands.
As part of an agency network with a footprint in over 90 markets around the world, we are uniquely positioned to rethink business, culture and brand experiences owning delivery from end to end.
You’ll be Responsible For
• Maintain a good standard of coding and adhere to the same conventions as the rest of the team.
• Leave code better than you found it (and fully commented)
• Test your code, be it client or server-side
• Be willing to take ownership of projects and to present your proposed solutions to the wider team to non-technical staff
• You will be expected to reach a degree of competency in maintaining your own development server and migrating work in progress to UAT/testing servers
• Ability to perform effectively to tight deadlines, work well both independently and as part of a team
• A proactive attitude to problem solving and an understanding of the role of development in a creative environment
• Be willing to work in a research capacity – to find and test and critically review open-source frameworks and technologies
• Open, honest and direct, is comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
Your Experience and Skills
• Relevant Higher Certificate / Diploma / BA degree
• Experience with Django, Drupal and WordPress
• Languages – Python, PhP, Java
• Front-End & Back-end development
• Ability to scope and estimate technical builds
• Good understanding and effective application of Linux command-line.
• Ability to code and debug in:
• CSS (responsive design framework)
• Experience of implementing Google Analytics code and debugging
• Experience or knowledge in – Scrum, Jira, Trello, Chase, Gethub
• Robust knowledge and understanding of Databases (Oracle/MySql/ MariaDB)
• Working knowledge of XML/JSON and using 3rd party API’s.
• Must be able to stay on top of advancing internet and computer technology and its effects to the business environment
• Be willing to work in a research capacity – to find and test and critically review open-source frameworks and technologies.
Our Way of Life
Our behaviours embody the way we show up for each other, and our clients. If you can identify with these, you just might be right for us:
• We listen more than we speak. We see conversation as a chance to discover and understand, not get a point across.
• We’re at our best when we work together: with our clients, with our colleagues and with our partners.
• We challenge convention in every aspect of our work. Creative describes how we act, not the department we sit in.
• We seek solutions to problems and always find a way forward. We bring passion and positivity to every situation we encounter.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have received feedback within two weeks, please note that your application was not successful and your CV will be kept on our database for future positions.
For any enquiries, please email Xoli.Mashiane@wunderman.com