Position title: Senior Copywriter
Department: Agency - Creative
Reports to: Executive Creative Director
Wunderman is a global creative, data and technology agency built to inspire growth for ambitious brands.
As part of an agency network with a footprint in over 90 markets around the world
We are uniquely positioned to rethink business, culture and brand experiences owning delivery from end to end.
The Copywriter’s key role is to conceptualise high-quality creative and present written copy, whilst staying true to the brand strategy.
It is imperative that this is achieved on time, on brief, and in budget.
You’ll be Responsible For
Taking copywriting lead on tier 1 & 2 campaigns
Advising on best copy approach for the different social platforms
Lead ideation on tier 1 & 2 campaigns
Working with entire agency team to ensure synergy on campaigns
Create one award-worthy piece per quarter
Contribution to and ownership of communication strategies
Contribution to user journey mapping
Ensuring that Editorial Board process is followed on assigned clients
Accurate time logging
Backing up work
Ensure team deadlines are met
Give clear and decisive feedback to juniors/mids
Confidently sell work internally and to clients
Your Experience and Skills
• Tertiary qualification in related field (e.g. communications, English, PR, Copywriting, journalism) essential.
• 5 - 7 years’ experience
• Award-winning creative work portfolio reflecting your creative proficiencies
• a great conceptual thinker
• Meticulous writer
• Understanding of social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, other) is beneficial.
• Knowledge of and ability to keep abreast of new developments within the social media, Creative and passionate about social media
Our way of Life
Our behaviours embody the way we show up for each other, and our clients. If you can identify with these, you just might be right for us:
• We listen more than we speak. We see conversation as a chance to discover and understand, not get a point across.
• We’re at our best when we work together: with our clients, with our colleagues and with our partners.
• We challenge convention in every aspect of our work. Creative describes how we act, not the department we sit in.
• We seek solutions to problems and always find a way forward. We bring passion and positivity to every situation we encounter.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not have received feedback within 2 weeks please note that your application was not successful and your CV will be kept on our database for future positions
For any enquiries please send an email: Xoli.Mashiane@wunderman.com