Position title: Strategic Planner
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
Wunderman is a Global Creative, Data and Technology Agency built to Inspire Growth for Ambitious Brands. As part of an Agency Network with a Footprint in over 90 Markets around the World, we are Uniquely Positioned to Rethink Business, Culture and Brand Experiences owning delivery from end to end.
An extensive knowledge seeker in all fields, a Strategic Planner has the ability to draw on diverse experience and sources of knowledge to provide insight. Strategic planners are tasked with ensuring that the agency produces work that is insight driven and creatively led and is responsible for the execution of creative strategies against the background of understanding the industry macro and Client requirements and using appropriate research sources ensures creative projects are delivered.
You’ll be Responsible For
• Specific client portfolios; fully understanding the client brief and the process involved, and leading the thinking and insight to develop great strategies
• Attending Status sessions etc. connected to portfolio
• Developing further on initial thinking and ‘starter’ strategy
• Reviewing and debating proposed Strategies
• Presenting at Creative briefings and reviews
• Analysing whether creative executions deliver against strategic direction
• Leading Brand, Category and Intelligence Contextual insights and overviews
• Effectively utilising the team to do any ‘content gathering’ required, using local and global resources available
• Compiling Competitor Reviews, Intelligence newsletters; monthly reviews etc. as required from work scope:
• Attending status and key meetings as appropriate
• Over time come being recognised by Clients as a source of brand knowledge and insight
• Working with strategic team, Account Management and Creative to identify and prepare relevant case studies for internal use and for Awards
• Providing support and resources as required on new business drives e.g. pitches etc.
• Providing mentorship, guidance and training to juniors
Your Experience and Skills
• Marketing & Brand experience – 4 - 8 years
• Relevant marketing/ communications degree
Our Way of Life
Our behaviours embody the way we show up for each other, and our clients. If you can identify with these, you just might be right for us:
• We listen more than we speak. We see conversation as a chance to discover and understand, not get a point across.
• We’re at our best when we work together: with our clients, with our colleagues and with our partners.
• We challenge convention in every aspect of our work. Creative describes how we act, not the department we sit in.
• We seek solutions to problems and always find a way forward. We bring passion and positivity to every situation we encounter.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not have received feedback within 2 weeks please note that your application was not successful and your CV will be kept on our database for future positions
For any enquiries please send an email: Xoli.Mashiane@wunderman.com