Do you have a knack for getting the right emails, into the right inboxes at the right time or setting up a solid SMS campaign? Do you live to see those open and click-through rates climb higher and higher? We're seeking an expert campaign manager to join our team. You'll be expected to deploy and track Email & SMS campaigns to ultimately increase our clients marketing efforts.
If you consider yourself data driven and analytically minded, then this is the ideal opportunity for you to join one of the largest digital players in Africa.
How you’ll be spending your time
Email & SMS: Testing, Deployment, Data Hygiene, Reporting
- Conduct tests to internal and external stakeholders.
- Grow and manage lists organically, not through bought or rented lists.
- Manage various email campaigns, calls-to-action, and content used in email sends.
- Segment lists based on behaviours like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Report, measure and optimize results accordingly
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
What we’re looking for
- Matric / BA / BS / Web related certification or equivalent working experience will be considered.
- Past experience with Email & SMS marketing, leads nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics tools or platforms.
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, and sender reputation.
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology.
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (Non-neg).
- A conceptual understanding of email sending mechanics (SMTP)
- An understanding of international spam laws/POPI/CAN-SPAM
- A high level of understanding of HTML and/or CSS
- Analytics reporting capabilities - Google, SiteCat etc
- A brief understanding of design
- A strong understanding of SQL & MS Access for list extraction and campaign reporting
- A keen eye for detail & quality
- The ability to handle multiple tasks & pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work independently & within a team structure
Who we are
Part of WPP, Wunderman is a leading Global Digital Agency with 175 offices in 60 countries.
We are Creatively Driven. Data Inspired. It’s how we do our work and part of our culture. It’s irrelevant the department you work in, we believe in amazing creativity but, also know the importance of combining this with deep rooted data insights.
To engage today’s audiences, we understand that brands must move beyond just product messaging to deliver culturally relevant and emotionally compelling experiences across channels and at the right moment. And we believe our biggest ideas are born out of the collision of creativity and data which we feel is our unique differentiator in the marketplace.
We Inspire Action - ultimately our purpose is to inspire people to take action and this isn’t about just getting people to buy stuff, it’s about inspiring them to support a worthwhile cause or doing something that’s important to people.
To make this happen takes a multidisciplinary team and a collaborative way of working. Based in Sandton, the economic heart of Johannesburg, our SA team of 200 contains a diverse group of talented people. Brilliant creatives get to work hand-in-hand with Data Analysts, Strategists, User Experience experts and Business Consultants working across some of the top South African and global brands.
Our agency offering is focused on the following areas of expertise, each of which are powered by the deep data and insight skills necessary to inspire action in a relevant way:
- Data, Analytics & Insights
- Creative, Communications & Experiences
- Technology–Enabled Marketing
- Academy – training solutions for the evolving business landscape
The Wunderman way of life
At Wunderman we look for the type of people who Inspire Action in their work and interactions.
Our philosophy of YOU TIME underpins everything we do for our people. Whilst you are with us we want you to play to your strengths, have the freedom to bring your whole self to work and exercise your passions and interests within your work. Over the last year at Wunderman, we’ve focused our company around this concept. We want to make our business a place where people are comfortable being themselves, no matter who they happen to be. We don’t want people to simply fit into our culture; we want their unique attributes to add to it.
How to be successful
We want people that live by our behaviours and personality to generate the very best work and promote an environment that supports and develops others whilst they’re doing it.
- Our Personality - Curious, Energetic and Collaborative.
- Our Behaviours - ‘Own it’, be generous and get uncomfortable.
What do we mean by this?
- We want people that are curious to new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- We want people that are energetic, who want to roll their sleeves up and get involved!
- We want people that are collaborative, who work well with other departments to get the very best outcome.
- We want people that own it, helping empower their teams to do the same and to take responsibility for the work they deliver.
- We want people that are generous with their time, who will support the wider agency and get involved in initiatives outside of their day-to-day.
- We want people that get uncomfortable and take calculated risks, challenging the status quo.