Responsible for producing creative work on assigned clients / accounts / projects / campaigns. Originating and producing effective creative work that results in innovative and compelling advertising.
This position is expected to conceptualize and through creative thinking use imaginative art direction skills. Strive to produce outstanding award winning creative work within the scope of the brand and creative brief supplied by client.
How you’ll be spending your time
- To act as directed by the Creative Director and / or Group Heads and as directed by the Creative Brief
- Art Directing (and Designing)
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Presentation of work to the Creative Group Head and/or Creative Director
- Together with a Copywriter, generate effective, innovative and compelling creative concepts for individual ads or campaigns based on sound strategies
- Pro-actively identify creative trends and opportunities Execution
- Using the MAC to produce high quality creative work
- Work closely with Copywriter and Client service team to develop award-winning advertising and promotional campaigns within the parameters of the creative brief – conceptualizing
- Art direction and craft concepts into original, relevant and impactful communications and follow through to the completion of the job whilst maintaining explicit attention to detail and adhering to time scales
- Give constructive input during a shoot and / or recording
- Ensure that all deadlines are met
- Check every aspect of every job thus eliminating errors and work going out is of the highest quality
- Create print and television advertising and other supportive material
- Direct TV, print and digital ads towards a high quality final product
- Finely craft all work ensuring excellence in layout and typography
- Strive for excellence
- Present competently in reviews and to client, articulating clearly the creative rationale for the work being presented Systems
- Adhere to systems and business processes
- Accurate and efficient use of systems in the departments
- Comply with Chase system Professional Attitude
- Meet all deadlines, be reliable and responsible
- Take ownership of your tasks and actively manage the creative process to progress towards deadline
- Adhere to and support agency systems
- Maintain good working relationships within the agency as well as with clients and suppliers
- Project a positive and professional image of Y&R internally and externally
- Respect company equipment and time
What we’re looking for
- Tertiary qualification in Art Direction, Design or Art and/or Advertising Qualification (minimum 3 years study)
- Courses in Art Direction, Design, Packaging, Photography, Art Theory advantageous
- 2-5 years advertising experience, preferably in a Digital environment (not applicable for light weight)
- Art Direction background
- A portfolio that reflects creative proficiencies
- Creative judgement ability
- Ability to deliver creative work of distinction
- Accept guidance and respond well to criticism
- Resilient – can accept setbacks
- Exceptional conceptual skills
- Understanding of promotional activities and experiential marketing disciplines
- Finely honed art direction skills and latest techniques (not applicable for light weight)
- Fully Mac literate in all relevant programs
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Keynotes and Illustrator
- Knowledge of all production processes, artwork and its preparation for repro purposes
- Good knowledge of photographic retouching techniques
- Good sense of design
- Think with imagination and flair – someone who has original ideas
- Is articulate
Who we are
Part of WPP, Wunderman is a leading Global Digital Agency with 175 offices in 60 countries.
We are Creatively Driven. Data Inspired. It’s how we do our work and part of our culture. It’s irrelevant the department you work in, we believe in amazing creativity but, also know the importance of combining this with deep rooted data insights.
To engage today’s audiences, we understand that brands must move beyond just product messaging to deliver culturally relevant and emotionally compelling experiences across channels and at the right moment. And we believe our biggest ideas are born out of the collision of creativity and data which we feel is our unique differentiator in the marketplace.
We Inspire Action - ultimately our purpose is to inspire people to take action and this isn’t about just getting people to buy stuff, it’s about inspiring them to support a worthwhile cause or doing something that’s important to people.
To make this happen takes a multidisciplinary team and a collaborative way of working. Based in Sandton, the economic heart of Johannesburg, our SA team of 200 contains a diverse group of talented people. Brilliant creatives get to work hand-in-hand with Data Analysts, Strategists, User Experience experts and Business Consultants working across some of the top South African and global brands.
Our agency offering is focused on the following areas of expertise, each of which are powered by the deep data and insight skills necessary to inspire action in a relevant way:
- Data, Analytics & Insights
- Creative, Communications & Experiences
- Technology–Enabled Marketing
- Academy – training solutions for the evolving business landscape
The Wunderman way of life
At Wunderman we look for the type of people who Inspire Action in their work and interactions.
Our philosophy of YOU TIME underpins everything we do for our people. Whilst you are with us we want you to play to your strengths, have the freedom to bring your whole self to work and exercise your passions and interests within your work. Over the last year at Wunderman, we’ve focused our company around this concept. We want to make our business a place where people are comfortable being themselves, no matter who they happen to be. We don’t want people to simply fit into our culture; we want their unique attributes to add to it.
How to be successful
We want people that live by our behaviours and personality to generate the very best work and promote an environment that supports and develops others whilst they’re doing it.
- Our Personality - Curious, Energetic and Collaborative.
- Our Behaviours - ‘Own it’, be generous and get uncomfortable.
What do we mean by this?
- We want people that are curious to new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- We want people that are energetic, who want to roll their sleeves up and get involved!
- We want people that are collaborative, who work well with other departments to get the very best outcome.
- We want people that own it, helping empower their teams to do the same and to take responsibility for the work they deliver.
- We want people that are generous with their time, who will support the wider agency and get involved in initiatives outside of their day-to-day.
- We want people that get uncomfortable and take calculated risks, challenging the status quo.