The role of a front-end developer is to develop and maintain client side applications and websites.
How you’ll be spending your time
- Plan, develop, test, support and maintain custom web and mobile applications
- Constantly look for and prototype new and better/more efficient ways to do things
- Liaison with CSM and PM and provide timings as required
- Self development: Up-skilling areas where required
What we’re looking for
- Any certification from a reputable institution
- At least 2-3 years agency/production house work experience
- People skills
- Good communication
- MS Office
- General computer skills
- E-mailer building
- Client-side scripting
Understanding JS methods and how the DOM works
Debugging and fault finding using console and/or other tools
- Twitter/ Facebook/ Instagram API knowledge
- Experience using XML, JSON and JSONP
- CSS pre-processing (LESS/SASS)
- Experience creating responsive sites
- Native mobile application development
- HTML5 Canvas
- SVN experience
- JS compilers (coffeescript)
Who we are
Part of WPP, Wunderman is a leading Global Digital Agency with 175 offices in 60 countries.
We are Creatively Driven. Data Inspired. It’s how we do our work and part of our culture. It’s irrelevant the department you work in, we believe in amazing creativity but, also know the importance of combining this with deep rooted data insights.
To engage today’s audiences, we understand that brands must move beyond just product messaging to deliver culturally relevant and emotionally compelling experiences across channels and at the right moment. And we believe our biggest ideas are born out of the collision of creativity and data which we feel is our unique differentiator in the marketplace.
We Inspire Action - ultimately our purpose is to inspire people to take action and this isn’t about just getting people to buy stuff, it’s about inspiring them to support a worthwhile cause or doing something that’s important to people.
To make this happen takes a multidisciplinary team and a collaborative way of working. Based in Sandton, the economic heart of Johannesburg, our SA team of 200 contains a diverse group of talented people. Brilliant creatives get to work hand-in-hand with Data Analysts, Strategists, User Experience experts and Business Consultants working across some of the top South African and global brands.
Our agency offering is focused on the following areas of expertise, each of which are powered by the deep data and insight skills necessary to inspire action in a relevant way:
- Data, Analytics & Insights
- Creative, Communications & Experiences
- Technology–Enabled Marketing
- Academy – training solutions for the evolving business landscape
The Wunderman way of life
At Wunderman we look for the type of people who Inspire Action in their work and interactions.
Our philosophy of YOU TIME underpins everything we do for our people. Whilst you are with us we want you to play to your strengths, have the freedom to bring your whole self to work and exercise your passions and interests within your work. Over the last year at Wunderman, we’ve focused our company around this concept. We want to make our business a place where people are comfortable being themselves, no matter who they happen to be. We don’t want people to simply fit into our culture; we want their unique attributes to add to it.
How to be successful
We want people that live by our behaviours and personality to generate the very best work and promote an environment that supports and develops others whilst they’re doing it.
- Our Personality - Curious, Energetic and Collaborative.
- Our Behaviours - ‘Own it’, be generous and get uncomfortable.
What do we mean by this?
- We want people that are curious to new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- We want people that are energetic, who want to roll their sleeves up and get involved!
- We want people that are collaborative, who work well with other departments to get the very best outcome.
- We want people that own it, helping empower their teams to do the same and to take responsibility for the work they deliver.
- We want people that are generous with their time, who will support the wider agency and get involved in initiatives outside of their day-to-day.
- We want people that get uncomfortable and take calculated risks, challenging the status quo.