The incumbent in this position will be hands on, with a deep understanding of user experience design and a willingness to play a pivotal role in the strategy, conception and design of ground breaking multi-context products. Must have experience connecting customers and brands through intuitive digital user interfaces.
How you’ll be spending your time
- Help define a creative vision or strategy (innovation and evolution) for projects
- Manage creative outputs according to this vision
- Have in-depth knowledge of all CI requirements and digital collateral elements (templates, buttons, UI Kits, etc.)
- Translate briefs and the strategic requirements into a compelling creative solution
- Help define business opportunities and translate insights into consumer facing experiences
- Design concepts, user interface sketches, schematics and information architecture working closely with the usability analysts and developers
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments
- Have the ability to argue reasoning behind motivations, rationales and best practice
What we’re looking for
- Five+ years’ experience in digital design
- Acute attention to detail
- Fluent in Adobe creative suite namely Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in wireframing software like Axure a bonus
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user centred design principles
- A good understanding of what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies
- Able to develop simple and elegant design approaches to complex design problems
- In possession of excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Able to collaborate actively as part of multi-disciplnary team
- Must be organised, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast paced environment
Who we are
Part of WPP, Wunderman is a leading Global Digital Agency with 175 offices in 60 countries.
We are Creatively Driven. Data Inspired. It’s how we do our work and part of our culture. It’s irrelevant the department you work in, we believe in amazing creativity but, also know the importance of combining this with deep rooted data insights.
To engage today’s audiences, we understand that brands must move beyond just product messaging to deliver culturally relevant and emotionally compelling experiences across channels and at the right moment. And we believe our biggest ideas are born out of the collision of creativity and data which we feel is our unique differentiator in the marketplace.
We Inspire Action - ultimately our purpose is to inspire people to take action and this isn’t about just getting people to buy stuff, it’s about inspiring them to support a worthwhile cause or doing something that’s important to people.
To make this happen takes a multidisciplinary team and a collaborative way of working. Based in Sandton, the economic heart of Johannesburg, our SA team of 200 contains a diverse group of talented people. Brilliant creatives get to work hand-in-hand with Data Analysts, Strategists, User Experience experts and Business Consultants working across some of the top South African and global brands.
Our agency offering is focused on the following areas of expertise, each of which are powered by the deep data and insight skills necessary to inspire action in a relevant way:
- Data, Analytics & Insights
- Creative, Communications & Experiences
- Technology–Enabled Marketing
- Academy – training solutions for the evolving business landscape
The Wunderman way of life
At Wunderman we look for the type of people who Inspire Action in their work and interactions.
Our philosophy of YOU TIME underpins everything we do for our people. Whilst you are with us we want you to play to your strengths, have the freedom to bring your whole self to work and exercise your passions and interests within your work. Over the last year at Wunderman, we’ve focused our company around this concept. We want to make our business a place where people are comfortable being themselves, no matter who they happen to be. We don’t want people to simply fit into our culture; we want their unique attributes to add to it.
How to be successful
We want people that live by our behaviours and personality to generate the very best work and promote an environment that supports and develops others whilst they’re doing it.
- Our Personality - Curious, Energetic and Collaborative.
- Our Behaviours - ‘Own it’, be generous and get uncomfortable.
What do we mean by this?
- We want people that are curious to new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- We want people that are energetic, who want to roll their sleeves up and get involved!
- We want people that are collaborative, who work well with other departments to get the very best outcome.
- We want people that own it, helping empower their teams to do the same and to take responsibility for the work they deliver.
- We want people that are generous with their time, who will support the wider agency and get involved in initiatives outside of their day-to-day.
- We want people that get uncomfortable and take calculated risks, challenging the status quo.